“The more you trust your intuition, the more empowered you become, the stronger you become, and the happier you become.”
– Gisele Bundchen
We are born with six senses (touch, taste, sight, hearing, smell, and intuition) – but for most of our life, we learn to nurture and appreciate the first five – almost exclusively. The sixth sense – intuition – actually extends far beyond the reach of any of the others and serves to protect us from harm.
During our lifetime, our conscious and subconscious learns to appreciate and disdain various results experienced by the five physical senses – and we develop “preferences” for sounds, sights, smells, taste, and touches.
Intuition, however, is an elusive thing. Depending on your experiences and personality (nurture versus nature), our intuition has either been developed, relied upon and trusted – or conversely, overridden by the influence and domination of outside forces who opposed it. For me, the combination of overbearing, religiously zealous parents and a narcissistic long-term marriage led me to a place of utter despair a few years ago. My intuition was so overridden by constant blame and denial (it was NOT wrong even then!) that I learned to ignore it to keep the peace. Yet, intuition cannot be silenced as it is coupled with one’s inner truth – the soul so to speak – and will scream out even when ignored.
Today, I can happily say that my intuition is my trusted, best friend, and always tried to be. Intuition is a gift that can be developed, relied upon, and absolutely trusted – if you allow it to survive. When should it be trusted? Always! But you have to be willing to listen and truly hear what your intuition has to tell you… even when it opposes what other faculties and (especially) detractors purport to be true.
The more you trust your intuition and nurture its abilities, the happier you’ll find your life to be.
Have a great week!
- You must train your intuition. (patriciaddrury.com)
- Fear versus Intuition: Do You Know the Difference (sheerbalance.com)
- Blog # 42: Our SIXTH Sense – Are We Listening? – Part 4 of Top 5 Series (floatingfreedom.wordpress.com)
- Intuition (annamanderson.wordpress.com)
- Trusting your Intuition (blissedinspirations.com)
- Trust your gut: Intuition in the context of very structured, multi-step decision-making (sott.net)
- Follow Your Intuition (simonehappiness.wordpress.com)
- Trust Your Gut, Girl: How Heavily Do You Rely On Your Intuition When It Comes To Dating And Relationships? (madamenoire.com)
- Know for Sure What’s Best for You (meditationsforwomen.com)
- Intuitive Perception (legendofanomad.com)