Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
Here’s some of my preliminary wants:
- Urban area;
- Lively and active downtown area;
- Ample cultural events and outdoor activities;
- Good mass transit (subway and/or good bus system);
- Culturally diverse (people are well-traveled and knowledgeable about things outside the region);
- Youthful (i.e., here in St. Petersburg, FL over 25% of our population is over 65);
- Open minded residents (i.e., good variety of discussion topics at a given venue!);
- Reasonable weather (i.e., Alaska would not be good for me);
- Amenable to happy singles (i.e., not a couples community);
- Optimistic industrial base (i.e., sorry, this rules out Detroit);
- Serviced by major international airport.
Did I miss anything?
If you live in a great place, let me know why you think it’s the best place to live. Is there anywhere that meets some of these criteria?
If you could live anywhere, where would YOU live?
Thanks in advance for your comments!
Carol Dekkers, Software Measurement and Global Software Development expert, author, speaker. Want to engage Carol to be a speaker at your next event? Email Ms. Dekkers at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.caroldekkers.com for details.